Skip to main content

Featured

My Skincare Collection

As most of my friends and family know - I'm a bit of a skincare addict. So, I thought it might be interesting to show you my entire skincare collection. This is after a recent clear out so I can honestly say that I use all of these products interchangeably.  I keep my products in this rotating plastic organiser that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday. Anyone who's into skincare or makeup NEEDS one of these organisers. It is the best thing ever, I love spinning it round each morning as I decide which cleanser to use😂 Click here for a link to one on amazon. Keep reading if you want to see what products I keep in my stash. I have broken them down into categories and listed my favourite 3 products from each category.  Cleansers 1-  The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter  - I haven't found anything that's able to remove my makeup as well as this, plus it lasts for months, you can't go wrong. You simply rub it into your dry skin and watch it melt away all your make

SKINCARE ESSENTIALS


In this post, I will explain the 5 most important products I think everyone should have in their skincare stash! They're in order of how you would use them!


1. Cleanser
A good cleanser is (in my opinion) the best starting point for anyone wanting to start a proper skincare routine. I prefer a balm/oil cleanser because they melt away any makeup and SPF that's been on my face all day.

My all-time favourite cleansing balm is the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop. It removes every last trace of makeup and SPF without having to rub or aggravate the skin. I've tried more expensive cleansing balms from the likes of Clinique, Tropic and ESPA but this is by far the best one, at a fraction of the price - £11.  They also do an oil version which is great for the winter when my skin tends to get a little dry. 
.
The Body Shop says that this is suitable for all skin types and contact lens wearers. Vegan and cruelty-free. 

How to Use:

Apply to dry face and massage in to melt off any makeup, dirt or SPF. Then use a warm, wet flannel to remove and follow with the rest of your routine! I like to do a double cleanse on heavy makeup days just to make sure it's all off and my skin's thoroughly cleansed.

2.  Toner
Toner's are a great opportunity to exfoliate your skin and remove any dead skin cells or unwanted texture. There are many acid toners out there, some milder than others. Glycolic is amongst the strongest, with lactic on the milder side. 

At the moment, I alternate between a glycolic acid toner and a retinol toner. I find that the glycolic acid works well when I have spots and blackheads, and the retinol toner works best at fading acne scars left behind from previous spots. Although both will chemically exfoliate the skin leaving it clean and smooth. Pixi does a great range of toners for all skin types.

How to Use:

Apply generously to a cotton pad and sweep over clean skin after cleansing.

3. Serum
A serum is a great way to target any specific issues you may have with your skin such as dryness, blemishes, scarring, the list goes on! There are so many different serums out there for you to try, there should be something for everyone!

I like to use either one or two serums depending on my skin that day. I have normal-dry skin so I always benefit from a hyaluronic acid serum to plump and hydrate my skin. Following the hyaluronic acid, if I've got a few blemishes I either add Azelaic Acid or Salicylic acid to those areas. Niacinamide is also a useful serum for regulating sebum production and brightening the skin. I like to change up my serum's quite regularly depending on how my skin is!

How to Use:

I like to apply the thinnest serum first, which is usually hyaluronic acid, followed by a serum to target blemishes such as Niacinamide. You may want to wait a minute or two between layers.

4. Moisturiser
You don't need me to tell you the benefits of a good moisturiser but I'll just mention one that I really enjoy. If you have dry skin like me, you may benefit from using a thicker cream at night. I like to use the Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream in the evening and in the morning I use a more lightweight one such as Clinique Moisture Surge. The packaging does say day cream; however, it doesn't contain any SPF, so you can use it both morning and night!


5. SPF 


SPF is so important in protecting our skin against sun damage, which can lead to premature ageing and pigmentation. In the summer, I like to use an SPF50 on my face every day, regardless of whether its 29 degrees or 12 (I don't want wrinkles!). The Body Shop Skin Defence is a really lightweight formula that doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy whatsoever! 

How to Use:

Use as the last step in your AM skincare routine and apply generously to any areas exposed to the sun. Don't forget your neck and the tops of your ears! It is usually recommended that you wait 20 minutes or so after applying before sun exposure.



I hope this was useful to you! Please follow the blog for updates on when I next post!


- R.D x




Comments

  1. I've heard some good stuff about The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter, will have to give it a try! Great read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing! I think they've just introduced a mini version for £5 if you wanted to try that first! Thank you so much I'm glad you enjoyed it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts