Skip to main content

Featured

My Skincare Collection

As most of my friends and family know - I'm a bit of a skincare addict. So, I thought it might be interesting to show you my entire skincare collection. This is after a recent clear out so I can honestly say that I use all of these products interchangeably.  I keep my products in this rotating plastic organiser that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday. Anyone who's into skincare or makeup NEEDS one of these organisers. It is the best thing ever, I love spinning it round each morning as I decide which cleanser to use😂 Click here for a link to one on amazon. Keep reading if you want to see what products I keep in my stash. I have broken them down into categories and listed my favourite 3 products from each category.  Cleansers 1-  The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter  - I haven't found anything that's able to remove my makeup as well as this, plus it lasts for months, you can't go wrong. You simply rub it into your dry skin and watch it melt away all your make

The Ordinary | Top 5 Products

As most of my friends and family will know, I love The Ordinary's products. I find them to be really affordable and effective. My skin seems to love them and everyone I've recommended them to has loved them as well! 

In this post, I hope to show you some products that you may not have seen before and explain to you what they are and how to use them. This is just what I've learnt from my own personal experience as well as that of my friends and family.



I discovered this product at the start lockdown when I was having terrible breakouts (probably from all the stress!) and it completely transformed my skin. Azelaic acid is known to combat the redness and swelling caused by blemishes and/or acne and totally calms the skin. It also contains silicone so it has that instant smoothing and mattifying effect which is great for oily skin types. 

How to Apply:

Everyone's skin is different but I find this particular product works best when it's applied before moisturiser. If you were doing an evening routine it could look something like this:

-Cleanse (twice if wearing heavy makeup, very important!) 
-Serum 
-Azelaic acid
-Moisturiser

I only used this on problem areas, I don't think it's necessary to apply to it your entire face.


    


Starting at only £6.30 this is not a mask for the faint-hearted. Deciem claims that this product is only for 'experienced users of acid exfoliation'. That being said, if you already use exfoliating acids in your routine such as glycolic, lactic and salicylic, you will most definitely enjoy this! I certainly notice a big improvement in my skin's texture when I use this. 

How to Apply:

Apply approximately 5 drops onto clean, dry skin. Leave for 5-10 minutes (even less if it's your first time using it), then rinse off with warm water and a flannel. Avoiding the eye area. 

The first time you use this you may feel a slight tingling sensation, this is OK. However, if it's too intense for you, just rinse it off and follow with a gentle moisturiser. The tingling should eventually subside as your skin builds up a tolerance to the exfoliating acids. For me, this mask really helps to combat blackheads and any other bumps/texture on my skin. Deciem recommends you use this 1-2 times a week to eliminate blackheads, uneven skin texture and pigmentation.




If you suffer from pigmentation or leftover scars from breakouts, this serum will be your best friend. I used to have awful scarring on my cheeks from when I had acne as a teen and thanks to this serum it's now unnoticeable. I found that I had to use it every day to see the best results, using it once or twice a week may not be enough if your scars are older. As you can tell from the photo, I've used up the entire bottle so this product is definitely a must-have for me! 

How To Apply:

After you've cleansed, apply 2-3 drops to your fingertips and add it to the areas where you experience the most scarring. This serum doesn't need to be applied to the entire face, however; if you are dehydrated or dry you may benefit from applying this all over, as it contains hyaluronic acid which is an effective hydrating ingredient. 

Can be applied morning and evening under a moisturiser and after cleansing. One thing worth mentioning is when I decided to combat my scarring I also made sure to wear SPF Every. Single. Day. It could be rainy and cloudy outside but I would still wear SPF 30 on top of my moisturiser, I think this had a big role to play in fading my scars as the UV rays from the sun only make them darker over time. 




Niacinamide is probably one of the most popular serums sold by The Ordinary. If you have oily, spot-prone skin this serum is the one for you. Niacinamide helps to regulate sebum production, which basically means reduce the oil levels in your skin which can lead to further breakouts and clogged pores. Using this serum regularly should help to control the oil levels in your to skin prevent future breakouts as well as improve the overall skin quality.

How To Apply:

Apply 3-4 drops to the entire face after cleansing and leave to absorb for a minute or two before applying your next product. If you are someone who enjoys layering serums I would recommend giving this one a minute to absorb before adding your next layer to avoid pilling. Then follow with your moisturiser, can be used both AM and PM. (Always use SPF in the AM).




Lastly, 100% Plant-Derived Squalane oil. As you can tell from the picture above, this product is well-loved! It is such an effective facial oil that doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or slippery. I like to apply this as my penultimate step before moisturiser. If you have exceptionally oily skin you may not need a facial oil but if you are looking for a new one, try this and you won't be disappointed! 

How To Apply:

Apply 2-3 drops before moisturiser for a boost of hydration and glow. You don't need too much and I tend to pat it into the skin instead of rub just so I don't disrupt the serums I have on underneath.

All of the products mentioned are vegan and cruelty-free!

I hope this was useful!


-R.D x





(All products can be found on Cultbeauty, FeelUnique, Deciem, LookFantastic and BeautyBay)











Comments

Popular Posts