Skip to main content

Featured

My Skincare Collection

As most of my friends and family know - I'm a bit of a skincare addict. So, I thought it might be interesting to show you my entire skincare collection. This is after a recent clear out so I can honestly say that I use all of these products interchangeably.  I keep my products in this rotating plastic organiser that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday. Anyone who's into skincare or makeup NEEDS one of these organisers. It is the best thing ever, I love spinning it round each morning as I decide which cleanser to use😂 Click here for a link to one on amazon. Keep reading if you want to see what products I keep in my stash. I have broken them down into categories and listed my favourite 3 products from each category.  Cleansers 1-  The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter  - I haven't found anything that's able to remove my makeup as well as this, plus it lasts for months, you can't go wrong. You simply rub it into your dry skin and watch it melt away all your make

Do I Need to Wear SPF Everyday? | Skincare

SPF is literally the most important ingredient in your morning skincare routine! Without it your skin is susceptible to the harsh UV rays from the sun that can cause a whole hoax of problems for your skin such as:

-Premature aging

-Pigmentation

-Sun damage 

-Acne scarring

The list goes on!

You must be thinking, but I live in the UK and it's never sunny here? Although that's true, even on a cloudy day UV rays can still penetrate your skin so always be careful! 

Below is a photograph of a 69-year-old truck driver who had been in the job for 28 years. The left side of his face that is exposed to the sun is severely damaged as you can see by the deep wrinkles! This just goes to show the high level of UV exposure we encounter on a daily basis without realising.

This shocking pic of a truck driver shows what 28 years of sun damage does  to your face

Wearing SPF now is the best present you could possibly give your future self! These are a few of my favourites:


The Body Shop Skin Defence Lotion SPF 50+

This is a really great SPF for the summer months when we need a higher level of protection! It is a lightweight formula that doesn't leave any white cast or oil on the skin. 

£22

Medik8 Advanced Day Total Protect SPF 30 

This is a very moisturising SPF that could double as your day cream if you have normal-oily skin. A very luxurious formula that glides onto the skin and leaves a natural glow! The pump applicator is also a favourite of mine as I tend to get SPF everywhere when it's in a tube! 

£55

NIOD | Survival 20

This is an excellent SPF for medium-dark skin tones because it's not a stark white formula like most SPFs. Although, I'm fair skinned and I can still use this so it is definitely suitable for all skin tones. It's so lightweight it's almost undetectable on the skin and the lower level of SPF is suitable for the winter months or overcast days. 

£24

NIOD are a sister company to The Ordinary. Definitely worth checking out as they have so much knowledge and science behind their products!


Thank you so much for reading, I hope you've learned something!

-R.D x


Comments

Popular Posts