Skip to main content

Featured

My Skincare Collection

As most of my friends and family know - I'm a bit of a skincare addict. So, I thought it might be interesting to show you my entire skincare collection. This is after a recent clear out so I can honestly say that I use all of these products interchangeably.  I keep my products in this rotating plastic organiser that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday. Anyone who's into skincare or makeup NEEDS one of these organisers. It is the best thing ever, I love spinning it round each morning as I decide which cleanser to use😂 Click here for a link to one on amazon. Keep reading if you want to see what products I keep in my stash. I have broken them down into categories and listed my favourite 3 products from each category.  Cleansers 1-  The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter  - I haven't found anything that's able to remove my makeup as well as this, plus it lasts for months, you can't go wrong. You simply rub it into your dry skin and watch it melt away all your make

Do I need to use Vitamin C? | Skincare

Not only do we need to consume Vitamin C in our bodies, but it can also be highly beneficial to our skin!

Vitamin C is a potent ingredient used to enhance skin's radiance and minimise the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation caused by blemishes and sun damage. It is also an anti oxidant that helps to protect our skin from 'free radicals' such as air pollution, smoke and industrial chemicals. A simple google search and you'll learn all about the benefits of using Vitamin C on your skin!

So I guess the answer is yes, you do need to use Vitamin C. Or at least you should if you want radiant skin that's also protected from damaging chemicals in the air!


A few tips if you choose to use Vitamin C:

1. Vitamin C is most commonly found in serums, as this is where they are most potent and can deliver the best results to the skin. It is best applied to freshly cleansed skin before moisturiser. 

2. Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant which makes it most effective when used in the morning, although it can still be used in the evening to aid with pigmentation and brightening properties.

3. It can be difficult for companies to capture this ingredient as it oxidises when exposed to air, so it is commonly in an oil form or combined with other ingredients to preserve it. They can also come in the form of capsules, where a small amount of product is contained in one pod for ease of use.


I have used three Vitamin C serums that I would recommend:

1. Glossier Super Glow

At £24, this is a great serum from Glossier and one that I would recommend if you have never used Vitamin C before. It has a gel like consistency that absorbs quickly into the skin, which I like. Use this on clean skin in the morning before moisturiser.

2. The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%

This product is only £10, the texture is similar to an oil even though there is no oil present. You only need 2-3 drops of this all over on clean skin. It should absorb into the skin after a few seconds and the oil texture will subside. The second ingredient Alpha Arbutin is excellent for fading acne scars and I have used it on its own before. Definitely worth trying this one if acne scars are a major concern for you.

3. Oskia Super-C Smart Nutrient Beauty Capsules

These capsules are definitely pricier than most products on my blog, however they are excellent quality and I have seen amazing results in the radiance of my skin! 

 They are so easy to use, you open the capsule and you are left with the perfect amount of product for your whole face, whilst the product is also protected from oxygen that causes it to oxidise (or go off). Since using these capsules every morning I have noticed how radiant they make my skin and how much my acne scars have faded! They also smell like fresh oranges, which is so refreshing in the morning.


I hope I have been able to explain the benefits of using Vitamin C on your skin, there is a lot of information out there it can often be overwhelming. 

Thank you for reading! Please subscribe or follow the blog for notifications when I post!

- R.D x

Comments

Popular Posts